Guidlines For Home Quarantine
Who Should Be Under Quarantine?
People who fall under any of the following criteria should be under quarantine for 14 days.
- A person who lives in the same house as a COVID case.
- A person who had direct physical contact with the COVID-19 case.
- A person who was in close or face to face contact with the COVID-19 case at a distance of within 1 meter including the air travel.
Guidelines for Quarantine?
The home quarantined person should
- Stay in a single room, if possible use a separate bathroom. If your family member wants to stay in the same room, then maintain a distance of at least 1 meter between the two.
- Stay away from children, older people, pregnant women, and people with existing medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, etc.
- Limit your contact with pets and animals.
- Avoid sharing dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people or pets in your home. After using them, wash these items thoroughly with soap and water.
- Wash your hands several times with soap and water or alcohol-based home sanitizers.
- Wear a surgical mask every time and change it every 6 to 8 hours. It should also be disposed of immediately.
Guidelines For Family Members Of Persons Being Home Quarantined
- Only one assigned family member should be taking care of the infected person and no visitors are allowed.
- Avoid direct contact with the infected person.
- Always wear disposable face masks and gloves when feeding or giving medicines to the infected person.
- Keep the surroundings clean by disinfecting the touched surfaces of a quarantined person. These should include toilets, clothes, tables, bed frames, and utensils.